Sunday, June 10, 2012



Out with Old...In with the New
The good old Orem High School

I know this will seem like a random post but as of right now I can only access these pictures to blog about. I wanted to update the blog while I am burning CD's for my sister in law for girls camp this next week so I came across these and thought why not!! So bare with me while we go down memory lane...
 It is super different to drive past Orem High and not see the old school I will be honest when I heard they were tearing it down I was sad. Change is never easy for me but I have had so many memories at the "old" Orem High that I just didn't want to let go of the school I went to. I know sounds cheesy but I spent so many hours at that school it was like a second home to me! 

Okay I also don't want to seem like I am bragging but I really did spend so many hours at Orem High like many students who get involved and are devoted to their groups. Being involved in High School was the best thing I did in those years. I always was sad when people would say I just want to get out of here and I would think just get involved in some way and you will enjoy it so much more. In those years I was on the Basketball team(soph. year) which I never thought I would make the team but just went to tryouts to have fun. I was a sophomore Cheerleader then in my Junior year I was a Varsity Cheerleader and the Junior Class Secretary and my Senior Year I was on the Varsity Cheer team again and the Senior Class Historian. I had so much fun serving on council and I was able to get to know so many people. As you can see I was involved but it was worth every minute of it. I am not even sure how I played basketball and cheered my sophomore year but some how it worked out. I do remember putting on my basketball uniform and going to my game then going home and changing into my cheer uniform and going back to cheer at the girls varsity basketball game. It was the same for practices it was a lot but I did it and that year my grades were the best! So yes I am glad I could pull it off! I have to say I had amazing parents and family to support me and also friends and teachers and also church leaders who I felt cheered me on all through out my High School Days. I will never forget those who were a great support to me! 
The Old Lounge
The Old Lounge as it became my Junior Year since they were in the process of building the new lounge so yes this was the "old lounge" to me. I would only sit in this lounge if I new someone that was sitting in there or if it wasn't lunch like during a class that we could leave for a minute. It wasn't my hang out place but a fun place to be sometimes.
The book storeI never really spent much time in there only to buy spirit gear if I needed something.
This is where my locker was for 3 yrs
This is where I was told I made the sophomore basketball team. Yes I won't forget that day. I thought it was a dream!
 Okay for reals I didn't think I was going to make the basketball team. I was 5'1" I kept telling myself I was just there to have fun. I have to admit that basketball was my favorite sport and I had tried out for the freshman team and didn't make it. I decided to focus on tumbling instead for cheer. I was a tom boy growing up and basketball was my thing but I also wanted to cheer so why not do both.I just couldn't believe it was for real.  It was so fun playing basketball and I met a lot of great friends. Good times!
c gym this is where we had basketball practice and sometimes cheer practice
going into cross hall!
The New Lounge my Junior Year! This is where I would eat lunch and we had some fun dances in there. We also had our 10 yr. reunion there.
This is the foods classroom. Our cooking station was just behind this door. Travis was in my cooking group and one day he decided to put me out this door and I would go around back into the classroom and he would keep putting me out. I laughed so hard and my teacher didn't even notice. 
For those of you who went to Orem High this is the hall that had the beehive in it. This was the open house before they tore the school down. I think this is cute with Travis showing our boys the beehive.
The Auditorium. I spent time here getting ready for assemblies and being in assemblies. So fun!
looking out from the stage. i will never forget this! There have been some of my friends that were in the drama dept that have gone on to broadway and are well known. Kind of fun to see them now because they did a good job back then.

 Skyler trying out the stage! He was so little when we went to the open house! 
This is the room I spent with some fun people on Senior Class. Lots of planning went on in there.

Our theme was found by me! Okay I can't take all the credit. Travis helped me and I brought it to the others and they liked it!

Senior Class of 1999! What a cool year to graduate in!



















Okay the words to the fight song are behind us. I sang that song so much so of course we had to get a picture of it.

I saw my brother and my sister in law at the open house. Both of them went to Orem High.

I met Travis at Orem High so I won't forget those times we had in High School.  This is the end of the grand tour of the "Old Orem High" It has been fun to go into the "new" school but it won't ever be the same to me. I think one day my boys will be going to Orem High so it will be fun to sit back and watch them create memories. Roar for Orem High!

0 comments:

Post a Comment