Sunday, October 21, 2012

We will miss you Great Grandpa Savage

I love this picture. Such a good lookin  couple!

Grandpa passed away this year. It is so nice to know he is now together again with sweet Grandma Savage. They are such a cute couple. I loved talking with Grandma Savage. She would always tell me that my boys were just so beautiful. Grandpa was so good at making us laugh. He had the best sense of humor. I was told that he had a really good singing voice but he never sang for me. When I met Grandpa Savage for the first time I couldn't believe how much my father in law looked just like him and they had the same voice. It was crazy but cool. All I can say is that I loved seeing Grandpa Savage Smile and loved his laugh. I wish I could have visited with him more but after Grandma Savage passed he went and lived with a daughter in Montana.



I thought this was cool. He played basketball!





Grandpa was a cattle rancher. He looks like a cowboy!


I want my boys to know that he was a hard worker. A real cowboy. He would go on cattle drives and I did learn something else about him he worked hard to make his garden great.















I can't get over how cool these pictures are. I love this one with the horses.
We were able to attend the funeral. I still don't know a whole lot about the Savage side and someday I will get to know the cousins but I loved all the remembrance of Grandpa.

    
Travis and his brothers ended up being pall bearers. Travis's Dad was the only boy in the family so we are the ones to carry on the family name.








Rest in Peace.


The Savage Boys. Except we are missing Hayden and Landon.





This picture was taken several months before he passed. I am glad we have this.




Cute Great Grand kids with Great Grandpa.



We will love and miss you Grandpa Savage! I am sure your reunion with Grandma was sweet. We will never forget you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment